America's Top Recruiter Reveals What REALLY Gets You Hired
Author: Tony Beshara
Pub Date: June 2011
Print Edition: $16.95
Print ISBN: 9780814417621
Page Count: 336
Format: Paper or Softback
e-Book ISBN: 9780814417638
Buy the book:
America’s Top Recruiter Reveals What REALLY Gets You Hired
“Tony Beshara is…the best of the best! Tony taps into everything he knows from decades of job-placement experience when he shows job candidates how crafting their résumés differently can make all the difference in finding a job. When it comes to looking for a job and creating the most effective résumé, Tony’s Unbeatable Résumés is of the highest standard.” —Dr. Phil McGraw, from his Foreword to Unbeatable Résumés by Tony Beshara
It’s not a work of artistic self-expression. It’s not a mysterious document best left in the hands of a pro-fessional writer. Unlike most self-proclaimed “experts,” Tony Beshara knows what a résumé is: a sales tool to get the attention of a hiring authority. Based on his 38 years of experience as a placement and recruitment specialist who speaks directly to HR professionals and hiring managers, and who also rece-ives and sends out hundreds of résumés every week, Beshara knows what makes a résumé effective.
In his new book, UNBEATABLE RÉSUMÉS: America’s Top Recruiter Reveals What REALLY Gets You Hired (AMACOM 2011), Tony Beshara takes the mystery and agony out of writing an effective résumé—a résumé with the highest probability of winning a candidate a face-to-face interview. A nationally recognized job search authority, regularly featured as a consultant on the Dr. Phil Show, Beshara reinforces his own expertise with a survey of more than 3,000 hiring de-cision-makers—managers and HR specialists representing a variety of disciplines—about the hallmarks of a well-written résumé that commands attention and reflects a candidate who’s worthy of serious con-sideration. Guided by what people with the power to hire really want to see in a résumé (and what they really don’t), Beshara offers practical information and concrete advice that can help job seekers land the job they need.
With UNBEATABLE RÉSUMÉS as their personal coach, readers will learn:
• The critical components of an effective résumé (including complete names of the companies a can¬didate has worked for, with brief explanations of what those companies do.)
• The most effective résumé format, with insights into why hiring authorities overwhelmingly pre-fer the standard reverse chronological order over the popular functional/accomplishments for¬mat.
• How to organize the layout of a résumé to increase its online readability and likelihood of getting read
• Why it usually pays off to opt out of the Summary and Objectives sections typically featured at the top of a résumé—and why it’s rarely worth the effort to include a Key Words section.
• How to effectively customize and target a résumé for a particular job—and why it might be very smart to have a “dumbed-down” version.
• How to craft an effective cover letter to accompany an effective résumé—and why cover letters aren’t as important as many believe.
• The truth about video résumés, job-search websites like Monster.com, and the value of blogs and social networking sites like Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and LinkedIn to a job seeker.
What’s more, UNBEATABLE RÉSUMÉS provides dozens of sample résumés representing a range of positions in a varietyt of industries and professions—banking, human resources, sales, administration, accounting, engineering, architecture, operations, healthcare, education, marketing, and the arts, among others. For virtually anyone seeking any position, Tony Beshara shows how to effectively write and ef-fectively use a résumé to beat the competition.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Tony Beshara is the owner and president of Babich & Associates, the oldest placement firm in Texas. Nationally recognized for his job search expertise, he writes a popular blog, hosts a radio call-in show, and is regularly featured on the Dr. Phil Show. He is also the author of The Job Search Solution and Acing the Interview. He lives in Dallas, Texas.
Search the full text of this book
Search Full Text of
For single copy purchases of any AMACOM title, you can connect directly to the online retailer of your choice, from the list below, to buy the title you have selected. Most of our links will take you directly to that title on the site, making your shopping experience easier. You can also visit your local retailer, and if the book is not on their shelves they can special order it for you.
Retailers: Please contact us to change or add a listing.
Buying in Bulk?
We have very competitive discounts starting at 5 copies, as well as personal service, for bulk orders. Simply contact our Special Sales Department. Call 800-250-5308 or 212-903-8420 and ask for Special Sales. You can also email: SpecSlsWeb@amanet.org